One of the most enjoyable parts of our jobs as interior designers is adding the final touch to rooms by adding home decor and accessories. It really helps make a house feel like a home! There are a couple of decor items we almost always use, no matter the room we are styling and we wanted to share those with you today!
Here is a list of some of our favorite home decor items:
- A good coffee table book is always helpful in grounding a grouping of accessories on a table or ottoman and of course, looks great on a shelf.
- Candle holders also work great on a dining table, sideboard, or as taller items to bring dimension to shelves.
- Decorative objects are always helpful to add a bit of metallic finish or to show some personality. These can be any funky shape or table game.
- Vases, either with florals in them or without, are great in groupings to bring a pop of color and some taller dimension to shelves.
- Faux florals and plants help bring life to any space, no matter how much light there is.
- Use a large tray to gather together any grouping of accessories on a coffee table and can help wrangle remotes.
- We also believe every house needs a LARGE blanket basket and lots of cozy throw blankets and pillows to fill the basket with!
Rebecca Ward Design now has an online shop with furniture and home accessories curated by us, and we’ve compiled a few of our favorites for inspiration. Happy Shopping!
Shop the items here: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12